EVENTS ~ Trans Webseries 02
Webseries Phase 2
Download this information for sharing.
Iranti is now undertaking phase 2 of our trans webseries! We are looking for aspiring performers to join us on this journey, and help us tell stories by and for trans Africans!
Auditions will be scheduled privately, and selected applicants will have the opportunity to receive basic coaching in the lead-up to the shoot period.
Karishma: A young, slight and slender trans woman of colour. A real “girly-girl” who likes playing dress up, but gets thrown from her middle-class life into hardships through which she must triumph.
Whitney: An older trans woman who has never had the opportunity to medically transition. Her work on a farm keeps her toned. She must work against the narrow-mindedness of her community to get to the city and explore her identity further.
Marvelous: A transgender sex worker who cares deeply for her own, but has been hardened by circumstance to take no nonsense and will do whatever it takes to survive.
Xolani: A school student who lives far from home. Her family accepts her, but her transness remains an unspoken issue that must be dealt with if they’re ever to move forward. She lives far away from her parents and misses them deeply.
Mwape: A high school friend of Xolani’s who is going through an identity crisis. She helps Xolani and supports her, but relies just as heavily on Xolani as if Xolani were her older sister.
John: A kindly gentleman in his 30s who cares deeply for the trans person in his life, and helps her get back on her feet after a setback, even if he doesn’t fully understand her identity.
Sex worker friends of Marvelous x2
Producer/Facilitator : Iranti
Director: Makgano Mamabolo
SHOOT PERIOD: October 2017
LOCATION: Johannesburg and surrounds
87 De Korte Str, Braamfontein
Iranti offices, 3rd floor
All auditions by appointment
Please note that the following conditions apply to any successful applicants:
- I will not discuss the content of the production narratives with parties outside Iranti or the production team.
- I understand that Iranti is a non-profit advocacy organisation, and as such, reimbursement for participation cannot be formally guaranteed at this point, although meals and a small stipend are being budgeted for.
- The production is intended to raise awareness around transgender rights in the region, and I accept that I will be associated therewith by virtue of my involvement.
- I am “out” and/or safe within my community and to the best of my knowledge my participation in the project will not put myself or others in harm’s way.
- I am available for the shooting dates of 14-17 April, and understand that I am obligated to attend shoots timeously once a formal contract has been signed.
- The information I have provided will be held in a database for future projects if I accept these terms.
To book your place at the auditions, please contact Iranti at email@example.com or Call +27113391468 before 18th August 2017, 16:30